Subject: Re: BitPlanesBitmap
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 1994 11:45:16 +0100

Date sent:  

>
>  Has anyone managed to get 'BitPlanesBitmap' to work?
>  I think the syntax is:
>
>      BitPlanesBitmap SrcBitmap,DestBitmap,Bitplane
>
>  What sort of argument should 'Bitplane' be? Just a number like 0,1 or 2?
>
>  Say I've got a 3 plane bitmap with some shapes on it, some of them in 
>  colour 1.  How do I copy this bitmap to a different 1 plane bitmap, so the
>  new bitmap has only the shapes in colour 1 on it?

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.   NOT ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT BITPLANESBITMAP!

Oh well, here we go again.......

This command lets you select the bitplanes from one bitmap and copy their
POINTERS to another bitmap.  How do you select the different planes?  The
Bitplane parameter should be a binary number with a bit set for each plane you
want to grab from the source.  Bit 0 means plane 0, bit 1 plane 1 etc.

E.g.

			Say we have an 8 bitplane bitmap (256 colours).  We want to
display this on a 5 bitplane copperlist so that we don't have to waste memory
reserving another bitmap.  What we'd do is:

		BitplanesBitmap source#,dest#,%11111

This would grab the first 5 bitplanes from source and put them in dest.  The
dest# bitmap can then be used as a normal bitmap with one exception - you
cannot do a copybitmap on it (I hope thats the only exception).

You can also do special effects with the command, for example you can grab the
top bitplane of a bitmap and just draw in that.  This will cause colour changes
in the picture etc.  You can also do nice fading etc.....

For more info, please mail acid!    ;-)  (Sorry Simon - you fault for not
documenting the commands fully!).

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images|  My map editor's NOT a bit buggy ;-) |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/170HD/6MB/Blitz2             | Current project : BlitzBombers AGA   |
|                                    | [#################################:] |
|          >>> HANG-FIRE <<<         | Current Project : RI Libs v???       |
|                                    | [###########################:::::::] |
|                                    | Current Project : RI Map Editor v1.2 |
|  [email-masked]     | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/